Let's “Get Recreation” back into our lives.
I’m starting this blog as a personal promoter for me and my
readers to Get Recreation back into our lives.
I feel impressed to stop living my life vicariously through the media
and start to enjoy the environment that surrounds me. Let me articulate what is driving this movement
in me and see if I can cultivate that same sense of urgency in you, so we can
all start living a more fulfilling life.
If I can implant a craving to more useful activities with our time, I
will feel like I am making a small difference in the world.
Now I assume I am not the only person out there who finds themselves
spending their evenings thumbing through their DVR to find their favorite shows. I am unquestionably guilty of this behavior. I
personally love shows about survival, expeditions, journeys and adventure. Some of these shows include: Man vs. Wild, Survivor
Man and Dual Survival. While mesmerized
at the astonishing places they go and the exciting things they do, I can’t help
but say to myself, “I wish I could do that.”
I am envois of these guys because they have the opportunity of a life
time to see the world like nobody else.
While I sit on the couch and waste my time watching other
people fulfill their dreams, I wonder what it would take for me to make my
dreams come true. So far I have been
hiding behind the excuses of limited time and money. Well, the excuses need to stop and I need to
start personally enjoying the things that I relish other people do. I need get off my couch and Get Recreation in
my life. I’ve realized the reason I don’t
have time to do what I want to do is because I am wasting time in my living
room. I once learned that time is a
resource that we all have the same amount of, some of us just don’t know how effectively
allocate our time. I am going to make
the personal commitment to make better use of my time and do what I have always
wanted to do. As for the excuse of not
having money, I can’t hide behind it any longer either. I am
simply going to start with enjoying the beautiful area around me doing
activities that don’t cost a lot of money.
Creating this blog is going to force me to document a show
that I will star in. I realize that I am
not going to take a week off this month and go hike the Tetons or float down
the Colorado River. I am going to start
with something realistic and local, and I hope you will do the same too. Remember time and money are no longer an
excuse, but they are still a factor we need to consider. Let’s start by getting on a pair of hiking shoes,
jumping on a bike, floating down a local river, or camping in the canyon a few
miles from home. Let’s just start by
doing something.
In order to be accountability to myself and others I would hope that my readers expect me to post new stories about how I regularly Get Recreation back into my life. Some of these stories won’t be as captivating as a 30 minute episode of your favorite show, but I hope that these posts get us to cross paths as we all get off our couch.
No comments:
Post a Comment