Well I didn’t realize it, but I have had some early adopters
of my blog waiting for an update. Recently
I found out that my passion to get off the couch and “Get Recreation” back into
my life recently got the attention of a website called HeathAndFitnessTalk.com. One of the managers of the site reached out
to me and said that he liked my approach and was interested in me writing some
articles on his site. I am still entertaining
the idea but I’m wondering if there are enough people who are interested in how
we are going to “Get Recreation.” What
do you think should I stick with a blog or should I see what kind of success I
have writing with a known company?
Beyond what I have told you, let me recap what I have done to
get out and exercise. I have lately been
taking baby steps and getting my body used to some more regular exercise. Instead of driving to local places I have
been doing some walking and riding. Albeit
hot and relatively uncomfortable at times, my two year old son and I have been
walking to Church on Sundays and been working in the yard after work. The other day we were heading to meet a
photographer to take some pictures of our new born and I opted to leave early
and ride my Tommaso Imola road bike to our destination while my wife transported
the family in our Subaru.
Let me tell you a little about my Tommaso. Last year I decided that I wanted to buy a road bike as an additional method of exercise. After doing a lot of research I was informed to buy something inexpensive
yet reliable to simply evaluate whether or not it was something I wanted to
invest in. I took the advice and landed on Giantnerd.com and found my bike for less than $500. I knew this bike wasn’t going to be as nice as by brother’s Giant road bike or my sister’s Cervelo, but I wasn’t in the position to drop four figures on a new toy. After I had the bike professionally tuned and I put a few miles on the
bike I learned that it was worth what I paid for.
I agree that Tommaso, “ensures that the rider gets the
lightest, strongest and best performing and best fitting frame for the dollar.”
For only $470.00 the 24 speed, 58 cm aluminum frame with carbon forks is light
and comfortable. In the past the only
experience I’ve had riding has been on an old mountain bike which weighs significantly
more. As I mounted my medal pony I was
able to champion the long distances, navigate the city streets and manage the
hills. The slick narrow Kenda road tire kept their air pressure as I cruised by
people sitting on their front porch. As with anyone getting introduced to the
sport I had to get used to the acquired posture of the forward angled ergo
handlebars and a skinny elevated seat. I
still have a long way to go to keep up with my peers who commute to work via
their bike but I am glad that I am at least Getting Recreation.

No comments:
Post a Comment